There are teams in badminton, basketball, volleyball, football and futsal, freestyle wrestling, judo and sambo, athletics, table tennis, rock climbing, boxing, cheerleading, weightlifting and arm wrestling at Sevastopol State University. In most sports, there are sections in which not only students take part, but also children and adult residents of Sevastopol too. The trainers are masters of sports, international-class masters of sports, honored masters of sports and trainers.
Students at Sevastopol State University have been successful at various championships of Sevastopol, Crimea and Russia, returning home with awards of various levels. Sevastopol State University actively interacts with the Association of Student Sports Clubs of Russia, participating in ASSC competitions and hosting zone and finals competitions of the university-based association.
The Sevastopol State University football team is the only city team playing in the National Football League and All-Russian Championships.
Sevastopol State University was awarded a diploma of the Olympic Council of Sevastopol for active participation in promoting the Olympic movement, a healthy image and creating good conditions for playing sports.
The educational and training process is done at the sports complex of Sevastopol State University, recognized as the best sports facility in the city and one of the best in Crimea. At this facility, regional and All-Russian championships in various sports are regularly held.
- The sports complex includes gyms and sports grounds with a total area of 13,500 square meters:
- universal hall (6 badminton courts, tennis court, five-a-side football, 3 volleyball courts, seating for 300 spectators);
- a stadium with an athletics track;
- sports ground (field for playing futsal);
- a fully equipped gym;
- basketball hall (basketball, volleyball court and tennis court, balcony for spectators with 150 seats);
- gymnastics hall including a climbing wall with a total area of 350 m2 that has 11 tracks of varying difficulty);
- weightlifting hall (a full range of simulators for training various muscle groups, as well as 2 competition platforms);
- boxing hall (ring, hanging and wall boxing bags and pears);
- judo and sambo hall (wrestling carpet, special simulators and mirrors);
- table tennis room
- physical rehabilitation room, climbing simulator and functional diagnostics room.
Georgy Budagyants, Honored Trainer, Master of Sports of International Class, Head of the Department of Physical Education and Sport:
“Many students, especially first year students, dream of getting into the university team. To do this, you need to show your skills in competitions among study groups and qualify for the university team in a training session. Sometimes students aren’t motivated enough and quit sports. The reason for this isn’t the training load, but a large number of temptations and distractions. But we believe that the transformation of consciousness has already begun, and today more and more young people choose a healthy lifestyle and active leisure, rather than idleness. "
Students of our university, distinguished by their sports achievements:
- Elena Gapeshina, student of the Institute of Nuclear Energy and Industry of Sevastopol State University, master of sports, member of the Russian national boxing team, top 10 athletes of Sevastopol in 2016.
- Alexander Shalimov, student of the Institute of Nuclear Energy and Industry of Sevastopol State University, master of sports in judo, master of sports in sambo, prize winner of the Russian championship in sambo, champion of all-Russian judo competitions.
- Yevgeniy Slepchenko, graduate student of the Humanities and Pedagogical Institute, master of sports in judo, master of sports in sambo, champion of Ukraine in sambo and judo, winner of the European and World Sambo Championships, champion of the All-Russian Sambo and Judo Competitions.
- Tatyana Korzh, student of the Humanitarian and Pedagogical Institute, master of sports, world champion in kickboxing.
- Ruslan Zubachuk, student of the Humanities and Pedagogical Institute, master of sports in boxing, silver medalist of the 2013 World Championship. Finalist in the nomination ‘Athlete of 2015’ in Sevastopol.
- Anton Tovstyga, gr. M-41, master of sports, silver medalist at the 2014 European Powerlifting Championships.
- Nadezhda Fedorovskaya, student of the Institute of Finance, Economics and Management, master of sports in taekwondo, silver medalist of the European Championship 2014
- Ekaterina Lvov, gr. EP-42, master of sports in swimming, bronze medalist of the 2014 Russian Championship.
Sports club training schedule of the Department for Physical Education and Sport
8 978 768 81 28
8 978 144 90 97
Skaldin D.V. .
Danilov A. V.
8 978 746 60 80
8 978 741 16 55
8 978 783 15 49
Youth Sports School №2 (YSS)
8 987 301 13 13
8 978 781 88 03
Holland, Hall 3Г
8 878 747 09 59
8 978 730 19 28
8 978 827 52 61
8 978 501 36 21
8 978 719 92 05
8 978 730 09 23
8 978 742 70 13
8 978 745 20 41
8 978 019 47 51
8 978 890 96 36
8 978 741 16 55
Zhukov M. A.
Training schedule in Gollandia
Day of week
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
Rugby section in a sports hall at the Marine college
Monday from 19: 00 to 21: 00
Tuesday from 18: 00 to 20: 00
Wednesday from 19: 00 to 21: 00
Thursday from 18.00 to 20: 00
Friday from 19: 00 to 21: 00
Training for full-time students of Sevastopol State University is free.
For additional questions, please contact: Head of Sevastopol State University Sporting Club, Slepchenko Evgeny Leonidovich (sports complex Sevastopol State University, hall №1), +7 978 783 15 49
Head of the Department of Physical Education and Sport:
Georgiy N. Budagiants
Head of the Sports Club of Sevastopol State University:
Evgeny Leonidovich Slepchenko